View: Sort results:

Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt

Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt
The Reichsgraf von Kesselstatt estate has enjoyed a long and eventful history. In 1377 the elector of Trier, Kuno von Falkenstein, made Friedrich von Kesselstatt director of the most important wine cellars in Trier. Even in the 14th century, the Kesselstatt name was synonymous with the fine Mosel wines. Johann Hugo Casimir Graf von Kesselstatt was a member of the Royal Court from 1761 until 1794 and, as such, the highest official in Trier. He represented the interests of Kurfürst Clemens von Sachsen-Wettin who in May 1787 passed a revolutionary law that established Riesling as the dominant grape in the Mosel region. The hand-written history of the Kesselstatt family records the following: "Hugo Graf von Kesselstatt is without doubt the instigator of promoting the Riesling grape. Tithed vineyard holders were advised to culivate more Riesling vines, and this was overseen by Kesselstatts' commissionaire Reihs in Kröv." Between 1746 and 1999 the main office of the estate was located in the Palais Kesselstatt, opposite the Cathedral in the center of Trier. The Palais itself was built between 1740 and 1746 on the foundations of a Roman glass factory by Johann Valentin Thomann, a student of the great Baroque architect Balthasar Neumann. The Palais is recognized as one of many architectural treasures in a town with over 2000 years of history. The Palais buildings, including the long vaulted cellars and lovely inner courtyard, have been carefully restored. A restaurant, the "Palais Kesselstatt", was built during the latest reconstruction and has now established itself as one of the finest in Trier. The Kesselstatt Palais is a "must" for visitors to Germany's oldest town, providing a wealth of architectural and gastronomic delights. In 1978 the Günther Reh family, represented by Annegret Reh-Gartner and her husband Gerhard Gartner, took over the estate and continued the tradition of planting only Riesling vines only throughout the 55 ha = 136 acres of the Kesselstatt estate. In 1999 Kesselstatt moved its main offices to Schloss Marienlay. The Schloss Marienlay castle has been in the ownership of the Reh family since 1950, and after an investment of 6.5 Million Marks in 1987 it became the working cellars of the estate. Visit the Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt website.
Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Scharzhofberger Riesling Spätlese 2014

Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Scharzhofberger Riesling Spätlese 2014

Stunning on the palate, with great depth and that typical cool, salty Scharzhofberger minerality. Reverberating mouthfeel with a wonderfully lively interplay between sweetness and acidity. Subtle fruit on the nose, reminiscent of blackcurrant, blackberry, wet slate and flint.  more
BN#662765

Price:$28.99

SKU 751044303434

Add to Cart
Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Kabinett 2014

Reichsgraf Von Kesselstatt Kabinett 2014

BN#589880

Price:$24.99

SKU 751044013333

Add to Cart

Buy a Case




All sizes are 750mL unless otherwise noted.
Vintages and ratings subject to change at any time.
All pricing and availability subject to change.